Thursday, January 17, 2013

Blind Contour or as I call it..."Is that What I Really Look Like?"

This project was probably the scariest one for me so far.  I don't mind getting my hands dirty with paint, clay, glaze or even just cleaning up the art class supplies, but when Ms. Kiick said we would be drawing ourselves, you can say I was a little bit panicked!

What you have to do is look into a mirror, hold a pen and do not pick it up off the page, and draw a picture of yourself.  WOW!  I felt completely out of my element and was afraid that I might make myself look totally ridiculous.  When I was allowed to look down I wasn't completely thrilled but it really wasn't too bad.  You could tell it was a face, and I was kind of impressed with myself.

If you look around the drawing, you can see the things I wrote about myself.  These are things that make me who I am.
 
I am smart, I am 15, I do not cheat, I am not ARTISTIC, I want to make a difference, and more!
 
If we believe in what we wrote than we can become the people we want to be. 
 
Here is what "I Really Look Like!"..... I think I look pretty good too!
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment