Thursday, January 17, 2013

Empty Bowls, Full Heart

The Empty Bowls Dinner is a project that helps the hungry.  Thousands of people everyday go without food or not enough food to have good nutrition.  Ms. Kiick hosts an Empty Bowls Dinner each year to help raise money and awareness and benefit The Foodbank of South Jersey.  You can find out more information on Ms. Kiick's blog by clicking here: http://creativeartsclass.blogspot.com/

Each student in art class had to make bowls for the event.  I never really thought about being hungry all day long, everyday, all the time.  I have plenty to eat at my house and it never really hit me until I worked on these bowls.  I can't imagine going to bed hungry or knowing that the next day will bring more of the same.  I think we forget how lucky we are and that we have to do something to help!  This dinner is a great idea and I hope that lots of people attend and donate money to this amazing cause!
 
Maybe we can end hunger one bowl at a time!







No comments:

Post a Comment